The Bewdley School’s Work Experience Programme takes place during the first week of the Autumn Term in Year 11. They will be given the opportunity to:
• experience the world of work and prepare for the adult working environment
• understand the skills and attitudes needed in the adult world
• discover how manufacturing and service industries work, and recognise the importance of the economy in society
• consider the relationship between education and employment
• extend their personal and social skills and develop self-confidence
• develop, practise and demonstrate key skills in a work setting, such as working with others and communication
Learners return from their placements with increased self confidence, and a strong motivation to succeed as they begin Year 11.